Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Updating with White Spray Paint

The power of paint continues to amaze me.

I bought this reproduction crock at the thrift store and for the last six months or so it has been all over my house looking for a home.  While I really liked it, I just couldn't make it work in my decor.



So, since I had recently bought some spray paint primer and white paint (for another project) I thought I would try it our on this thrift store find.

Believe it or not, this was my first foray in spray painting.  I really love the results.  The finish is smooth and natural looking.  What I didn't like was the super strong smell (even with using it outside and with a mask on) and how much paint it used.  I lost count of the number of coats I did.  What I thought would be a quick project (I'm all about results), turned into something that took much longer than I imagined.

Any tips for a spray painting newbie?



Anyway, I'm using my newly painted crock on my dining room table.  I love how it looks against my blue Target (clearance) runner and with my slipcovered chairs.




P.S.  The little white wavy-ness you see at the top of the crock in the after pictures is actually one of my milk glass containers that is holding the rosemary.

Thanks for stopping by and a great big welcome to all my new followers. I'm so glad you've found me!

Angela

Linking to: A Delightsome Lifeshabby creek cottage52 MantelsPhotobucketRooted In ThymeShabby Art Boutique The Thrifty GrooveLiz Marie Blogvif187