Monday, August 13, 2012

Cloches & Specimens

I love, love, love decorating with nature. Branches, plants, shells, rocks and sometimes even sweet little birds nests, included.

So, while summer might be on the downswing, I'm just not ready for fall yet. I squeezed in a couple more summer decorating ideas to showcase my favorite natural finds.

I started with a medium-sized cloche from a local country decor shop, a thrifted silver tray and a cardinal's nest (complete with an unhatched egg and some other shell remnants) removed from my Mom's yard long after the little family was done with it.




Next, I used my large cloche from HomeGoods, with an old cheese dome base that I painted chartruese and then white, a white bowl from my collection and some gifted shells and coral.



I placed them on top of my entertainment center...








This is totally a project that can take you through the seasons. Maybe next month I'll change the contents of the cloches to pumpkins and acorns, but for now I'm going to enjoy these last few moments of summer.

Angela

Linking to:I Gotta Try That Mod Vintage Life {Primp}House on the Wayshabby creek cottageA Delightsome Life52 MantelsPhotobucketRooted In ThymeHookingupwithHoH The Thrifty Groovehttp://www.jenniferrizzo.com/2012/08/welcome-to-fabulously-creative-friday.htmlLiz Marie BlogHomespun Happeningsvif187Funky Junk's Saturday Nite SpecialBoogieboard CottagePhotobucket