Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Rustic, Glam Initial Table

I bought this delicate, little demilune table at the thrift store a couple of months ago for just a few dollars. It was sturdy and well made, but most of the finish had been worn away. 



Totally nothing that a little bit of paint and accessories can't fix.



I gave it a couple of coats of my favorite white paint, Dove White and painted the monogram and feet with silver paint from Martha Stewart.

After I lightly sanded the table I got to work on the monogram.  I simply picked a font and size in Microsoft Word, typed my design and printed it onto card stock. I carefully cut it out and traced it onto my table. I painted it in silver and sealed with wax.




This piece is still growing on me, although my husband and sons loved it immediately. I think I might do a more distressed sanding to add to the rustic/glam feel I had desired.

We had two really nice weather days earlier this week and I just couldn't resist dragging everything outside to photograph it!

Enjoy the rest of your week!

Angela


Linking to:Photobucketshabby creek cottageHookingupwithHoHRooted In Thyme The Thrifty Groovevif187http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/2012/08/its-another-fabulously-creative-friday.htmlShabby Art BoutiqueThe Shabby Nest Liz Marie Blog Homespun Happenings
Photobucket

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special