Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Shabby, Distressed Pedestal Bowls

I really love lightening and brightening out of date objects with white paint.  Why is it that something painted white and distressed to appear old looks modern to me?

I had these two mismatched pedestal bowls (the larger red one is another cast-off from my Mom and the smaller stained one is from the thrift store).


I painted them first with light gray and then with white flat paint, sanded and waxed. 

These will both be going into my bedroom for my mini-makeover, but I just photographed them elsewhere for now. (Can't spill all the beans on what I'm doing up there just yet!)

Here is the one that was previously red:



And this is the smaller, stained one:






I'm definitely loving all my colorful, chunky necklaces in the smaller pedestal.

The larger one just has some filler I bought ages ago at Pier 1, but I will probably be changing it out once is goes up into my bedroom.

Any ideas on some DIY, easy, cool, inexpensive bowl filler? I like natural collections of things, but don't want to do shells.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Angela

Linking to:shabby creek cottage A Delightsome Life52 MantelsPhotobucketRooted In ThymeHookingupwithHoH The Thrifty Groovehttp://www.jenniferrizzo.com/2012/08/welcome-to-fabulously-creative-friday.html Liz Marie BlogHomespun Happeningsvif187Funky Junk's Saturday Nite SpecialBoogieboard Cottagemop it up mondaysPhotobucketMod Vintage Life