Sunday, August 5, 2012

Thrifty Porch Sneak Peak

Should the weather ever cooperate - (read:  not be 95 degrees, with high humidity and no rain) I will definitely be spending more time on my back porch.

I plan to:
1.  Watch my boys fight play.

2.  Drink iced coffee and iced tea.

3.  Read decorating magazines and books.

4.  Watch the birds that frequent our backyard.

5.  Sit and talk decorating with my Mom.

Our porch is tiny, but I've made the most of it with a small budget and some smart thrifting. I love how it looks like a little extension of our home and I tried to include accessories that you would typically have inside.  Most everything that needs to be is protected is under the roof, so I'm not worried about damage of any sort.









The old door was found in our garage and recently repainted. My husband used a scrap piece of wood to make the small shelf.  A large box of shells were given to us earlier this summer and I painted one in this vibrant fuchsia/red with some Martha Stewart craft paint I had on hand.  The antique stool and little metal chair are cast-offs from my Mom. The cacti are from Lowes and the rosemary, from a local garden center.  The clay pot and silver pieces are all thrifted along with the wicker mirror, in the perfect shade of mustardy yellow.

This is just one small area of my really tiny porch.  I'll share the sitting area next time after I get done updating one of the chairs and cushions.

Have a great start to your week!

Angela

Linking to:Photobucket mop it up mondaysI Gotta Try ThatDIY Show OffUndertheTableandDreaming