Sunday, January 20, 2013

Book Page Valentine Garland

One of my favorite things to craft with are books pages. I love the simple black and white color, the texture and how affordable they are. {Just think how many projects you can accomplish with one thrift store book.}

My latest project is this sweet Valentine garland that is so simple to make.





All I needed was a pencil, scissors, hot glue, an old book and a heart to trace. (I happened to have a wooden heart from Michaels on hand, but you could just as easily make one out of cardstock.)



Begin by tracing the hearts onto your book pages and cut them out.  Next, fold each heart in half, crease and open back up. Stack the hearts on top of each other until you get the fullness you desire. (I used seven.) Place a dab of hot glue on each crease to attach and let dry.  Once you have all your sets of stacked hearts glued, just gather your string and glue it to the center back of each set.




Just a simple and subtle way to add a little bit of Valentine's Day to your room.


 




I feel like I'm going to have so much to share with you all in the coming weeks.  The new year has brought some great changes here at Number Fifty-Three! Lots of painting, new (repurposed) furniture and glimpses into our sons' rooms(they've both requested updates in 2013 and their requests are kind of hilarious!) Stay tuned!








 
DIY Show OffMod Vintage Life My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia52 MantelsBeyond The Picket FencePhotobucket A Delightsome Life Rooted In Thymevif187Liz Marie Bloghttp://www.jenniferrizzo.com/ A Delightsome LifeBoogieboard Cottage”FallFridays Unfolded

http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special Skip To My Lou Keeping It Simple

24 comments:

  1. love it! it's so pretty! and i don't think i have ever seen that dresser before- love it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garland is super cute- love the vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet, and your yellow chair is awesome!!

    Smiles,
    The Joyful Thrifter

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love the light book page hearts against the dark wood and how they mimic the Paris map in tones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really sweet, Tiffany. I love anything with book pages. I also really like your wire cloche.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, this is adorable! Not only the execution is pure and flawless, but I'm in love with the little wooden display in the back and your calm sense of style. Following back with all my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! I really need to make my own, I love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute idea-quick and easy! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun little project! They look adorable. I haven't done any crafting with book pages yet but apparently I need to soon ;) Following along to see what you have in store for 2013. Especially the boys' rooms...I have a boy who would like a room makeover too. How old are yours?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are very pleasant to look at and drape, as you have done. Thanks for the idea.
    Great photos/post.
    Thanks, Jenn (via Liz's TTT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your garland is so sweet. I love the whole vignette
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are adorable! You had me at book page. I love anything made from book pages. Stopping in for the first, and definitely not the last time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute and I love that it doesn't scream red, although red is good too! I just bought an white owl lamp too only it has sort of a burlap shade! Love yours!

    ReplyDelete

  14. Thanks so much for linking to Make the Scene Monday @ Alderberry Hill. You are being featured this evening!
    I hope you have a wonderful week ahead, and join me later tonight for Make the Scene Monday #59!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for this simple, sweet, affordable idea! My first stop at your blog, but I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I featured this today on Mod Mix Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the garland - I agree with you - using book pages that myself is such fun!
    I have been doing the same!
    Thanks for sharing - have a blessed week!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  18. Angela, I love anything to do with paper. Your book page Valentine garland is so sweet! Thank you so much for sharing at Simple & Sweet Fridays. You're so creative!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute! The price is right too. :)

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this Angela, so simple and sweet and perfect for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.