Wednesday, January 16, 2013

[Project Notebook]

I know I've mentioned before that I absolutely hate my kitchen.

It is seriously oak overload with it's oak flooring, cheap beadboard and cabinets.  A few years ago I painted the beadboard the same bright white as all the trim in our house and it made a huge difference. But really, there is no way around the fact that the cabinets are hideous. Since there is zero money in the budget to replace, I will be painting them. And, I was shocked when my husband, who is way less of a risk taker than I am, also fell in love with the look of bi-color cabinets.

Here is our inspiration:

1. Source  2. Source  3. Source  4. Source  5. Source



6 comments:

  1. That charcoal grey is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be hard to choose! I like them all! Can't wait to see how it comes out!
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I'll be following your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally go for it! I painted my Kitchen Cabinets last spring by myself. I did a creamy white cabinet with a black island. We love it! You can search for the post I did on it on my blog. The BM paint I highly recommend that made life so much easier. It has held up great too! Thanks for stopping by Real Southern Living! ~Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  5. That two tone look will be awesome! I'm a big fan of anyone taking out the oak, especially if you are taking it out with paint. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I like where this is going. I love the kitchens you posted...can't wait to see your makeover.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.