Thursday, December 6, 2012

Woodland Christmas Mantel & a Fun Announcement

As with my other seasonal decorations I like to keep it simple and just add in little touches throughout my home.
 
This year, my Christmas mantel is casually decorated in shades of white, green and gray/silver.
 
 
A clearanced gray vase from IKEA is filled with glistening, snow covered stems with white berries snatched out of my Mom's tag sale pile. (It's awesome having a Mom with a great decorating sense that I can take borrow from!)
 
The owl plate and mercury glass candle holder are West Elm, the books are vintage and the bottle brush tree I've had for years from a local store.

 
 



Adding the bottle brush tree into the mercury glass candle holder adds another level of vintage sparkle.




One of my favorite things to use in d├ęcor are birch branches and I love the mix of nature with the tarnished silver pitcher from my collection.  I have little bits of pine throughout my house this year and I love the subtle Christmas feeling it gives.  The metal wish star is covered in glitter and adds more sparkle.




I think this antique type tray I recently purchased for $10 was a fantastic buy and I know I will be using it all over my home.  The beaded wreath was a gift.




I love the mix of new and old, the mix of natural elements with sparkle and the soft, muted colors.




Also, I am so beyond excited because I will be participating in an awesome holiday link party, which will be starting this weekend.  I have just been in awe over the amazing Christmas decorations I have been seeing on all of my favorite blogs lately and I know I will be blown away by the creativity of the wonderful ladies hosting this party.



The first stop will be at Embracing Change on December 8th for a Christmas Mantel link party.

Hope to see you there!











Linking to: DIY Show OffUndertheTableandDreamingMod Vintage Life My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia52 MantelsBeyond The Picket FencePhotobucket A Delightsome Life Rooted In Thymevif187Liz Marie Bloghttp://www.jenniferrizzo.com/Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special A Delightsome LifeBoogieboard Cottage”FallFridays Unfolded A Diamond in the Stuff
The Lettered Cottage