Monday, February 18, 2013

Glimpses of Our Home & Paint Colors

 Hi everyone! I feel like a lot of the projects that I have done these first couple of months of 2013 have not had very high impact; at least blog wise.  I mean, is it really all the interesting for me to post a picture of my newly painted almost white wall? Not so much.
But, one of the major goals that I have almost accomplished is to paint the majority of the rooms in our home.  I started back last fall with the master bedroom and we have been gradually updating with lighter colors in the gray family.  Do you find picking paint colors difficult? I sure do! But, my husband and I both are committed to these new choices and I am so glad. For once everything looks so cohesive and fresh.
So, with that said, I thought I would at least share swatches of the colors we chose and how they look in our various spaces. Some pictures you have seen, but several are new to the blog.



There you have it. I have been slowly plugging along with this. I absolutely am thrilled with the colors. I was always one to pick something bolder so this is definitely a different direction for me, but I am so pleased I took the risk.  Weird, right? I consider it a risk to go so light with the wall colors. However, I have to say that our house is just average size and I am not a fan of clutter, but I do love to collect. Sometimes this isn't the best balance, but the light walls provide such a wonderful and neutral backdrop that lets every object look special. It's so interesting to see how the light plays with the new paint colors and I love that the walls now compliment and not compete with our treasures. 

P.S. If you'd like to see more of my favorite paint colors please check out my Inspired Paint Colors and Tips board on Pinterest.

Linking to:
DIY Show Off Mod Vintage Life My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia52 MantelsBeyond The Picket FencePhotobucket A Delightsome Life Rooted In Thymevif187Liz Marie Blog Boogieboard Cottage”FallFridays Unfolded