Thursday, March 7, 2013

Chalkboard & Stenciled Eggs

I have to say, that while I love spring, I'm not a big Easter decorator.  My house is so neutral and simply decorated that bright colors and bunnies just don't seem to mesh.



 
So, it's taken me about two years of being on Pinterest to actually even start an Easter board. Weird, I know.  I've sifted through a lot of pins to find something that both inspired me and was nature based.


 
 
 I started by cracking some eggs closer to the pointier top, rather than in the middle like I typically would.  I cleaned out the shells and let them dry thoroughly.
 
 
 

I painted one shell with a few coats of chalkboard paint and, when dry, I rubbed it with a piece of white chalk.  Then, I added in a small pebble (for drainage) and a tiny fern that had sprouted itself in the pot with my large fern.
 
The remaining shells I left natural (they vary a bit in color and size because Martino gets our eggs locally from a coworker), and just simply stamped them with my alphabet stamps and black ink pad.
 



Now, to find a safe place to display these away from the mischievous little paws of Figgy!
 
You can check out my Spring and Easter board to see my inspiration for this project (and others) here.
 
Have a great rest of your week!
 
 
 







Linking to:
DIY Show Off Mod Vintage Lifehttp://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/2013/02/nifty-thrifty-tuesday-no151.html My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia52 MantelsBeyond The Picket FencePhotobucket A Delightsome Life Rooted In Thymevif187Liz Marie Bloghttp://www.jenniferrizzo.com/ Boogieboard Cottage”FallFridays Unfolded  http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/