Thursday, March 21, 2013

Simple Easter Egg Tree Craft

Hi everyone! I can't believe it's already Thursday. This week has flown by!
   
The boys and I have been busy with school; we're using this as a catch-up week and a going on field trips week.
 
I've also found several great pieces at thrift stores and on craigslist to refurbish so I've been busy painting.
 
The other day I took a break from furniture to make this sweet little Easter egg tree.
 
 
 

I simply started with some craft eggs that I found at Michaels
 


I gave them a couple of coats of paint; just using some plain white craft paint. I chose to do this so that when I added on my color it would be more crisp and bright.
 
 
 
When the white was dry, I painted the eggs with Martha Stewart Crafts paint in Cloud, a beautiful light blue.  While the paint was still wet, I sprinkled on Martha Stewart Crafts Coarse Glitter.
 
 
 

Lastly, I wrapped each dry egg in twine, knotted it and hung it on some branches that I placed in an old silver coffee pot.  I love the sculptural effect and how it blends so beautifully with my aqua bowl and accent pillow.
 

 
 
So, after I photographed this my boys, Mom and I headed out for an afternoon at a science museum and thrift store shopping.  Several hours into the trip, just as we were crossing the border back into Massachusetts from Connecticut, I had the worst feeling.  Like maybe I shouldn't have left the eggs and twigs on the coffee table because a certain cat has no self control.
 
 
 
 
Yeah. My feeling was spot-on. We totally came home to find twigs, eggs and twine strewn across the living room.  Luckily, nothing was broken and I was able to reassemble. I am not kidding when I say that I have to baby proof for this cat way more than I did when my own boys were little. Crazy.
 
Have a great day!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
P.S. One of the bloggers that I completely look up to and whose blog I find so inspiring is Roeshel at The DIY Showoff.  So, imagine my excitement last night when I discovered that she had featured me and my blog.  Totally a surprise that made my entire week!  You can check it out here.
 
  

Linking to:
DIY Show Off Mod Vintage Lifehttp://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/2013/02/nifty-thrifty-tuesday-no151.htmlthurCozyLittleHousebadge150xhttp://www.cozylittlehouse.com/ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia52 MantelsBeyond The Picket FencePhotobucket A Delightsome Life vif187http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/ Boogieboard Cottage”Fall  http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/


 
Green Willow PondWorking With What You Have link up at emilyaclark.com