Monday, August 19, 2013

Vintage Desk & Milk Glass Knobs

Hi everyone!
 
 
Every once in a while I really hit it big at the thrift store and find some amazing things. Last week I had one of those shopping experiences. In fact, I had to actually make two trips home I got so many great pieces of furniture. The only bad thing in the entire trip was that pretty much the moment the guys and I tried to load the furniture in my SUV it started pouring. And, I'm talking about in a matter of a minute or two I was completely drenched head to toe.
 
 
One of the things I bought that day was this amazing, vintage desk.
 

 
 I love the lines of it, especially the curvy base!


 
 
Here's the before...it's fine, just kind of boring. And, I really disliked those fake hammered, coppery knobs. Really, really, disliked them.
 

 
 
I decided to toss the hardware it came with in lieu of these gorgeous, gorgeous milk glass knobs from D. Lawless Hardware. The are perfect and vintage looking and arrived at my house just a couple of days after I ordered them.  They're really awesome, right?
 
 
 
And, I love how the milk glass looks against the dark paint of the desk. I recently discovered this color, called Fired Earth by Valspar and it will, for sure, be in heavy rotation. It is much less severe than pure black and is just this gorgeous mix of brown/gray/black all rolled into one. Love it!

 


 
I pared the desk with this chartreuse chair covered in a Suzani print. Don't you completely love these colors together?

 


The chair and the desk will be for sale on Saturday at my house...can't wait!
 

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
Linking to: 
DIY Show Off Mod Vintage Lifehttp://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/2013/02/nifty-thrifty-tuesday-no151.htmlhttp://www.cozylittlehouse.com/ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia52 MantelsBeyond The Picket FencePhotobucket A Delightsome Life vif187http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/ ”Fall  http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/
Furniture Feature Fridays


 

10 comments:

  1. love those knobs and love d lawless! the desk is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new look is outstanding. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have those knobs on a chest of drawers in the guest room, I'll have to check to see of they are milk glass. Love that paint color you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the chair/desk colors, an amazing pairing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great makeover. Love both the colour and the knobs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this soft take on black! Gorgeous. And the knobs are terrific, too! :)
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it....and such a perfect color! Thanks for sharing at The Scoop!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love the black and it pairs perfectly with the chair - sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing transformation, love the new color and adore the Milk Glass knobs - beautifully done!
    I am delighted that you shared your lovely post with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.