Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Shabby Painted Dresser

Hey there friends!
 
Here's round two of custom orders I finished up this weekend! (You can see the pretty peacock sideboard I shared yesterday, here.)
 
This one is a lovely, shabby dresser in pale gray and white, with a stained top.  Dressers are some of my favorite pieces to work on.




 I love the smaller size of this piece and the pretty detailed legs and middle drawer.




After prepping the dresser I painted the body in General Finishes Snow White. The drawers got a super pale gray (GF's Seagull Gray), which happens to be an absolute favorite color of mine.



The colors are close, but have a slight variation when side by side.  As soon as the paint had dried I hand distressed it for an extremely worn feel.


 


The top of the dresser was stained using another GF product (their super popular Java Gel stain). I love the dark contrast of it with the pale paint!



 It felt so, so good to be back painting and to be using my fave, General Finishes products again!