Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Vintage Stained and Painted End Table

Morning everyone!

Last week, I worked like crazy on furniture pieces, both for sale and custom orders.  It was great to start back after the new year and clean out my stash and try some new painting and staining techniques.

One project I finished was this vintage end table. I've done a table in a similar style in the past and I just love the lines of it.





When we picked it up, it was its usual dark stained pine and dated hardware.



I knew I wanted to paint, at least a portion of it, red as I have had a can of this General Finishes Tuscan Red for a few months now. And, while I typically gravitate towards their bold Holiday Red, this is a pretty perfect shade, too. It's deep and has undertones that match perfectly with stain.



I started out by stripping the top of the end table and staining it with GF's Antique Walnut. It's a nice contrast with the red base.

A little bit of distressing gave it a nice country feel.

I also replaced the hardware with D. Lawless Antique Black Milk Glass KnobsI always like to dress up a finished piece with new hardware.



Lastly, I lined the drawer in this lovely printed burlap. The black ties in with the hardware perfectly.



I have a few other finished pieces that I will be sharing in the coming days. Right now, I'm back to working on our old house. This week I have been painting trim. And, as much as I despise it, the transformation is kind of incredible!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.