Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Chicken Feeder Succulent Planter

In my home, plants tend to be a big part of my décor.  Adding color and life is so important to the finished look of a room, in my opinion, and, I'm always particularly fond of succulents.

Our new house has a farmhouse vibe going on and I wanted to incorporate these plants without taking on a modern vibe, like I've done in the past.




On a recent trip to the farm supply store I saw these feeder jar bases for chicks. They have the galvanized metal look that is so popular in farmhouse style today and were only a couple of dollars. I also picked up some succulents at my favorite garden store.



I started by removing the plants from the pots that they came in. (I saved all the extra dirt.)



 Then, I added in that reserved dirt to the feeder base and gently started adding by plants by guiding them through the openings.



Lastly, I watered them a bit by using a spray bottle.


 I love the variety of shapes, colors and textures...



I'm hoping to that over time they will thrive, take root and fill in any gaps of visible dirt.



 I currently have it displayed on a chippy old shelf in my living room away from the inquisitive paws of my cat, but I thought it was so lovely styled here on a coffee table I recently painted and sold.


Thank you all so much for checking out this project!


If you liked my Chicken Feeder Succulent Planter you may also like...

Easy DIY Wood Succulent Planter




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.