Thursday, July 28, 2016

Our Living Room Window Garden

I love when collections are grouped together. Multiples always make everyday objects look intentional and more impressive.

Recently, I decided to do a grouping of plants in our living room. I keep mostly succulents and cactus, but they have been struggling since we moved here as our home is not nearly as bright as my last. (It has a full length front porch and lots of trees.)



Anyway, for years now I have been pinning plant groupings on round tables (see all my inspiration here). And, since we recently finished our DIY Antique Coffee Table, I was able to use our previous coffee table (which was really more of a side table, but worked for us at the time). P.S. Figgy is not supposed to be up on the couch, but really, you all know he can't pass up a good photo shoot.



And, by the way, this is now the third time I've painted this since I bought it last fall. The third times a charm, right? I'm pretty sure this will be the final makeover as whites and creams always have my heart and I am loving this new General Finishes Chalk Style Paint in French Vanilla.



And, I'm loving my collection of plants. The are mostly from IKEA and Home Depot with a couple of local garden store finds mixed in. I unified all them all by using white planters.




So, there's another corner of our living room. And I hesitated in even sharing because it is so far from finished. I don't love the paint color. The curtains are temporary. The radiator needs help (either paint or a cover) I need more throw pillows and a rug to anchor the cow hide. But, this is the current state of the room and these little steps in the right direction excite me, so thank you for letting me share!





Follow my blog with Bloglovin





If you liked my Our Living Room Window Garden you may also like...

Old Fashioned Milk Painted Antique Dresser
Living Room Secretary Styling





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.