Sunday, October 23, 2016

Antiquing Road Trip: New Hartford & Canton, Connecticut

This is another post in our Antiquing Road Trips series. To see more, click on the tab above.

It seems like the last few months have been a whirlwind of work + home renovations, with very little opportunity for relaxing and play.

This past weekend, we headed out on one of our antiquing road trips to some of our very favorite stores to unwind and I am so excited to share them with you all! 






Our first stop was at The Colllinsville Antique Company in New Hartford. We've been there a bunch of time and it's a favorite. I absolutely love shops that have multiple dealers because they are always so unique and diverse. There was a kind of crazy amount of things that I wanted, but finally settled on a pair of brass candle sconces.



 This petite secretary desk completely had my heart.






Another spot that we frequent (and just a few minutes away from our first stop) is Antiques on the Farmington in Canton. We've purchased many things there, both for our own home and to refinish for the business.  The lower level is a bit pricey (still good for inspiration), but many of the vendors on the second level are priced to sell. Plus, it's set in a beautiful old factory...bonus!




This mantel....all the hearts for this one.





This next one had me at its name...The Junk Shop of Canton.  Because there isn't much I love more than picking through piles of junk for that one special, hidden piece.





Lastly, and right near the previous place is Queen Anne Fabulous Things (there are honestly about five really wonderful stores clustered here, but I'm just highlighting my favorites).

I actually find the most inspiration from this shop...everything is perfectly and eclectically displayed.




That's it for our latest trip! I'm so happy I was able to share it with all of you! Please excuse the lack of outside pictures and properly lighted inside shots. The weather was incredibly rainy and miserable.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.