Wednesday, October 10, 2012

[My Project Notebook]

(I always have a ton of decorating and DIY ideas floating around in my head. Many of them end up in my project notebook that I keep in my nightstand. I thought it would be fun if I shared some of my ideas with you all each week.)

I'm planning a sort of mini master bedroom makeover.  There are some key pieces that I want (like an antique mantel and a second quilt for my bed) that I know will take time to find in my price range, so the entire process will, most likely, be done in stages.


1. Old layered mirrors--I can definitely achieve this with thrift store finds.

Source


2. I love the mix of a light wall and dark wood furniture.

Source


3. A mantel in the bedroom would add such great character to the room.

Source
 
 

4. I love all the layers in this picture--twigs, silver, old, new.
 
Source
 
 

5. Combining elements of glamour and rustic design creates such a wonderful collected look.
 
Source
 
What projects have you got planned for this week?