Wednesday, October 10, 2012

[My Project Notebook]

(I always have a ton of decorating and DIY ideas floating around in my head. Many of them end up in my project notebook that I keep in my nightstand. I thought it would be fun if I shared some of my ideas with you all each week.)

I'm planning a sort of mini master bedroom makeover.  There are some key pieces that I want (like an antique mantel and a second quilt for my bed) that I know will take time to find in my price range, so the entire process will, most likely, be done in stages.


1. Old layered mirrors--I can definitely achieve this with thrift store finds.

Source


2. I love the mix of a light wall and dark wood furniture.

Source


3. A mantel in the bedroom would add such great character to the room.

Source
 
 

4. I love all the layers in this picture--twigs, silver, old, new.
 
Source
 
 

5. Combining elements of glamour and rustic design creates such a wonderful collected look.
 
Source
 
What projects have you got planned for this week?


 

6 comments:

  1. I love this glimpse into your head and your inspirational notebook. It's one of my favorite days of the week over here. I love the idea of layering mirrors. I never would have thought to do that. I can't wait to see what you do with your master bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela, I enjoy your project notebook. I like picture #2 best with #5 as a close second. Thanks for your great posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your project notebook, all of the pictures are fabulous. This weekend I have to get moving on a couple of projects of my own.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love numbers 2 and 4. The elements on the bedside table in 2 is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You found some great inspiration! We love our fireplace and think one on the bedroom would be amazing! My favorite photo would be the last one. The vintage map and the bench at the foot of the bed really make the room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i agree... love the look of layered mirrors. hope you can find some great ones while thrifting... always better that way :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.