Monday, October 29, 2012

Super Easy, DIY, Bittersweet Wreath

I whipped up this super simple and amazingly low cost wreath earlier today. 
 



All you need is a grapevine wreath from the craft store (I purchased mine for just about $2.50 with a coupon) and a massive amount of bittersweet. And that is it!

Now, I'm not sure what the availability is of bittersweet in other areas, but in New England it is everywhere. It's gorgeous and just screams autumn to me and I happen to have found a spot, in my very own city, where it is growing and growing and growing. And I promise you, if you find some it won't just be one or two twigs; this stuff grows like crazy.

I'm sitting here totally wondering what my neighbors must have thought of me as I was running up my street with a trash bag overflowing with bittersweet and a pair of clippers in my hand. Ha!

Anyway, as you can see by my collage below this is a super easy and quick (albeit, messy) project.

 
 
 
So, basically all you do is cut pieces of the bittersweet and tuck it into the grapevine wreath securely; no gluing or tying needed.  You can see in the fourth picture that the bittersweet was starting to get very wispy and was not following the shape of the wreath as much as I would have liked, so I just clipped those long pieces and tucked them back into the grapevine.

 


Here's a little peak of what my plan is for this wreath.  I'll be sure to share more soon!

 
 
 
Stay warm and dry and safe! 
 
 
 

Linking to: DIY Show OffUndertheTableandDreamingMod Vintage Life My Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaHouse on the Way52 MantelsBeyond The Picket FencePhotobucket A Delightsome Life Rooted In Thymevif187Liz Marie Bloghttp://www.jenniferrizzo.com/Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special A Delightsome LifeBoogieboard CottageToo Much Time On My Hands”FallHubby Made MeNew HousebuttonFridays Unfolded PhotobucketOr so she says MakingA Diamond in the Stuff The Thrifty Groovehttp://www.carterscottage.net/
The Chicken ChickThe Inspired Room