Monday, November 26, 2012

DIY Cranberry & Bay Leaf Garland

Last week, just before Thanksgiving, while I was at BJs lamenting over the fact that they had run out of my absolute favorite fall vegetable (Brussels sprout, FYI), I decided that, since I was already there, I would pick up a huge bag of cranberries for sauce and baking and a container of bay leaves.



I decided to string these two finds together into an easy and natural garland for my holiday mantel.

 
 
 
 
I measured out my string for a rough idea of how long I wanted the garland. (I always use dental floss when I make a garland, by the way.)
 


Then, using a medium sized needle, I strung the bay leaves and cranberries, making sure I started and finished with the leaves.


 
Doesn't it look gorgeous draped underneath my mantel up against the stark white brick?



This project totally brought back memories for me of stringing cranberries and popcorn for our Christmas tree growing up. Did anyone else ever do that?















Linking to: DIY Show OffUndertheTableandDreamingMod Vintage Life My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia52 MantelsBeyond The Picket FencePhotobucket A Delightsome Life Rooted In Thymevif187Liz Marie Bloghttp://www.jenniferrizzo.com/Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special A Delightsome LifeBoogieboard Cottage”FallFridays Unfolded A Diamond in the StuffHoliday