Sunday, November 25, 2012

Fresh Herb Wreath

So, last week, after I posted about my Thanksgiving table and menu, here, our computer completely died.

Like totally, unexpectedly, you need to go buy a new computer, died. And, it may have been my fault. So totally unintentional...but apparently I cannot have the computer and space heater on in one room while I blow dry my hair in a totally other part of my home.

Lesson learned; new computer and state of the art surge protector bought and set up and now I'm ready to catch up on all things blog.



 
 
While I was cursing at myself for my ridiculous (and costly) mistake and pining to get back on my blog and see what everyone was up to I made this little wreath. It was super simple, and best of all free since everything was just from around the house.
 
 

 
 
 
All I did was cut a length of wire and shaped it into a circular wreath form.
 



I snipped fresh herbs (rosemary, oregano and mint) from my garden and tied them to the bottom of the wreath form in bunches using jute twine.
 

 
 
 

 
 
 
Lastly, I just tied it up with a strip of burlap and tacked it up in my dining room. It brings just a hint of the Christmas holiday to the space and smells amazing!
 



If you're looking for more wreath or holiday decorating tips be sure to follow my Wreaths, Buntings & Banners - DIY and  Christmas/Holiday Spectacular boards on Pinterest.















Linking to: DIY Show OffUndertheTableandDreamingMod Vintage Life My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia52 MantelsBeyond The Picket FencePhotobucket A Delightsome Life Rooted In Thymevif187Liz Marie Bloghttp://www.jenniferrizzo.com/Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special A Delightsome LifeBoogieboard Cottage”FallFridays Unfolded A Diamond in the Stuffhttp://homastyle.com/wp/2012/11/27/no-red-christmas-decor/