Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Our Thanksgiving Table and Menu

Happy almost Thanksgiving everyone!

I thought I would share two things with you all today; the first being my Thanksgiving table scape...





I kept it really simple and mixed modern with rustic.  The plates, wine glasses and silverware with gold trim were wedding gifts. The chargers I've had for years.



I found the tags I used as place cards here. I just added our names and attached them to the gourds/dried corn with jute twine.




The table cloth is just a piece of burlap from the fabric store. I brought in some of my clay pots and added in dried gourds.  I layered that with thrifted antique books and thrifted brass candlesticks.


 
Lastly, I traced a leaf template onto book pages, cut them out and dry brushed them with gold craft paint. While I had the paint out I also dry brushed it onto some walnuts from the grocery store.



The second thing I wanted to share is our Thanksgiving menu.

It's just our immediate family and I'll be doing all the cooking.  My children don't call me "Coka" (a then 2 year old's attempt at the word cooker) for nothing. No really. They do not call me any form of the word mom. I am Coka to them.

Appetizer:
Pears with Blue Cheese and Prosciutto


Main Course:
Gratin of Cauliflower with Gruyere

Ciabatta Stuffing with Chestnuts and Pancetta

Homemade Cranberry Sauce

Maple-Glazed Turkey with Gravy


Dessert:
Cranberry Pie

Dark Chocolate Souffle Cake



And now I'm off to the grocery store!  Have a great day!








Linking to: DIY Show OffUndertheTableandDreamingMod Vintage Life My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia52 MantelsBeyond The Picket FencePhotobucket A Delightsome Life Rooted In Thymevif187Liz Marie Bloghttp://www.jenniferrizzo.com/Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special A Delightsome LifeBoogieboard Cottage”FallFridays Unfolded A Diamond in the Stuff