Sunday, November 18, 2012

Metal Trunk Thrift Store Score

Lately, I've had this thing for metal trunks. I even posted about it in October here.

So you can imagine my little squeal for joy when I found this trunk at Savers the other day. Sure, it's a bit worn, but it still has enough sparkle, shine and gorgeousness to make me smile.

Guess what...I only paid $9.99 for it!  That's the same price they are charging for the regular old black trunks that are a dime a dozen. Score!

Now, I know that I said I wasn't going to decorate for Christmas until after Thanksgiving, but I totally had to show you how I envisioned this trunk staged.

Those vintage ornaments are only about 1/3 of my total collection. I paid about $3 total for them all at local tag sales over the years.

So there we have favorite decorating combination of new/worn, shiny/aged. I think it's the perfect winter coffee table!

And remember how I said I had been pining for a metal trunk? These are a few of my favorite images that I've found:


By the way, the trunk in the middle image costs $1,900. Ha!

Linking to: DIY Show OffUndertheTableandDreamingMod Vintage Life My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia52 MantelsBeyond The Picket FencePhotobucket A Delightsome Life Rooted In Thymevif187Liz Marie Blog Junk's Sat Nite Special A Delightsome LifeBoogieboard Cottage”FallFridays Unfolded A Diamond in the Stuff