Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas Crafting {Repurposed Decorations}

We got a new, much larger artificial tree for our living room this year.  You can see what I did with our old tree here.

Anyway, I thought the new tree needed something large and festive to balance out the height of it.

Enter my white, glittery, sparkly Merry Christmas garland.





It really started out looking like this and was plucked straight out of my very own tag sale pile.  Totally not my style, right?




This was a super easy craft and the transformation was pretty dramatic!


 
 
 
All I did was remove the ribbon and painted each letter in gesso (to give it a good foundation to work with). I let it dry and then painted on a couple of coats of white paint.  Believe it or not, I used paint I had left over from the MyColor™ inspired by Pantone® Painting Party that I was involved in back in October!  When the white paint was dry I painted on regular school glue and liberally dusted with glitter.  One more drying session and then I was able to restring the garland with twine.




I love the simplicity of my new garland!


I'll be sharing my project at the next installment of the 'Tis the Season Holiday Link Party over at It's OverflowingI hope you'll join us!
 
A Holiday Linky Party Is Coming Your Way!




Linking to: DIY Show OffUndertheTableandDreamingMod Vintage Life My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia52 MantelsBeyond The Picket FencePhotobucket A Delightsome Life Rooted In Thymevif187Liz Marie Bloghttp://www.jenniferrizzo.com/Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special A Delightsome LifeBoogieboard Cottage”FallFridays Unfolded
It's Overflowing