Sunday, January 27, 2013

Cupid's Arrow Valentine Mantel

One of my goals for this weekend was to change up my mantel for Valentine's Day. 

I love how the paneling and bricks of our mantel are painted bright white since it gives such a great, neutral backdrop for whatever I want to showcase. Plus, the bricks looked awful before I painted them (about a year ago). Seriously, I have never seen such a weird color (red) and texture (they were almost totally smooth).  Plus, someone had painted the mortar black. Yuck.

Anyway, I decided to not use red in my Valentine décor this year. Instead, I played with the typical white and black that is the cornerstone to most of my decorating and added in pops of bright fuchsia and orange; I just love that color combo!

I made this little arrow garland using twigs from my yard, felt, chipboard painted gold and embroidery floss. 


I won't go into a full tutorial since there are already several out there.  By the way, I have a few examples of these DIY arrows on my Valentine Love board on Pinterest if you'd like to check them out.

I added in an art piece I had gotten at HomeGoods a while back, a thrifted candlestick and a glittered candle.

I made the stamped heart rock recently. You can see the full post here.

We've had this sphere with an arrow for years and I thought it complimented the garland nicely.  And I can't believe the rosemary plant I've had since the summer is still thriving!

Both the crock and bird are thrift store finds. I recently got the bird and just couldn't resist! I love her wings and the detail of her feathers.


A big thank you to everyone who stopped by From My Front Porch To Yours today to take a look at my feature! I so appreciate all the comments!



DIY Show Off
Mod Vintage Life My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia52 MantelsBeyond The Picket FencePhotobucket A Delightsome Life Rooted In Thymevif187Liz Marie Blog A Delightsome LifeBoogieboard Cottage”FallFridays Unfolded

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special Skip To My Lou