Thursday, January 10, 2013

Super Easy Painted Valentine Rocks

I have a super easy Valentine craft to share with you that is both inexpensive and something that the entire family can join in on.

I started out with several decorative rocks from the dollar store. (The same type of rocks that I used in my terrarium here.)  I tried to pick the longest, flattest, smoothest rocks for this project.  I also grabbed a couple contrasting colors of craft paint.

First, I gave the rocks several coats of white paint; letting them completely dry between coats.  Then, using mini alphabet stamps and the dark gray craft paint I lightly brushed the stamps with paint, tested them on scrap paper and stamped some Valentine words. 

I chose Love, Hug, Heart, Kiss and Hope.



I'm not totally ready to start decorating for Valentine's Day yet, but at least I have a jump start on my crafts. I have a feeling I will be sharing many more in the coming weeks.  Stay tuned!

DIY Show OffMod Vintage Life My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia52 MantelsBeyond The Picket FencePhotobucket A Delightsome Life Rooted In Thymevif187Liz Marie Blog Junk's Sat Nite Special A Delightsome LifeBoogieboard Cottage”FallFridays Unfolded

Keeping It SimpleSkip To My Lou
Mummy Deals