Saturday, January 5, 2013

Pom-Pom and Finger Knit Garland

I have a list a mile long of projects and crafts I want to try (that's a good thing!) and at the top of my crafty list was to learn how to finger knit. In addition, pom-poms are super big right now and I wanted to try my hand at that, too. So, I combined the two into one cozy and fluffy garland for our upstairs library hallway.



I choose a really thick, wintry yarn (Lion Brand Wool-Ease in Spice for reference).  I love the richness of that color in this area of our home since it plays off our inherited oriental rug so nicely.



 
I used the wonders of Pinterest to find the tutorials I needed; first starting out with the pom-poms.  (Full tutorial is available here.) 




Next, I tackled the finger knitting.  It was actually much easier than I thought and quite addicting.  I have so many ideas racing through my head for future finger knitted projects!  You can find the tutorial I used here.


 

The final step was to just tie the pom-poms onto the garland.  I just love the texture and the warmth of the wool seems perfect for decorating in Massachusetts in the winter!
















 
DIY Show OffMod Vintage Life My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia52 MantelsBeyond The Picket FencePhotobucket A Delightsome Life Rooted In Thymevif187Liz Marie Bloghttp://www.jenniferrizzo.com/Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special A Delightsome LifeBoogieboard Cottage”FallFridays Unfolded http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/
Keeping It SimpleSkip To My Lou