Monday, January 21, 2013

Rustic Glam Valentine Door Plaque

I decided to change it up for Valentine's Day and not do a traditional wreath for my door.

 


 
Instead, I made this heart plaque from a piece of scrap wood I found in our garage and some paint I had on hand.
 



I simply cleaned the wood and painted the entire piece with two coats of white paint.  When it was dry, I taped off my stripes and painted the pink (removing tape when done).  I then printed a heart shape that I found online onto card stock, cut it out and traced it onto the wood. I used gold craft paint to fill in the heart and when it was dry I sanded the entire piece to give it a weathered look.



I think it looks rather lovely and unexpected against our red front door.




A couple of final things:  To hang I just hot glued a paper clip to the back of the wood. I strung it with some left over lengths of ribbon I had in my craft drawer. Also, believe it or not, the pink (Honeysuckle) and white (Bright White) paint is leftover from the MyColor™ inspired by Pantone® Painting Party back in October.  This paint seriously goes a long way and I continue to be amazed at how many projects I am able to use it on!  The gold is FolkArt Metallic in Pure Gold.


 
 







  DIY Show OffMod Vintage Life My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia52 MantelsBeyond The Picket FencePhotobucket A Delightsome Life Rooted In Thymevif187Liz Marie Bloghttp://www.jenniferrizzo.com/ A Delightsome LifeBoogieboard Cottage”FallFridays Unfolded

http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special Skip To My Louhttp://www.ifitsnotbaroquedesignblog.blogspot.com/ Keeping It Simple