Sunday, May 5, 2013

Rustic Table Addition

I have had so much furniture come in over this past week to paint, you literally cannot even walk in my garage. It is kind of insane. Like, I've had to give my husband warnings to not go in there, insane.
 
So, my Mom has been bugging me to come and get this table from her forever.  She had it on her three season porch and just kind of ran out of room. But, she sort of wanted me to have it rather than sell it, and I totally agreed with her; I just didn't know what to do or where to put it. And I mean permanently put it, because I completely am out of storage here.
 


A few days ago I promised her I would come and pick it up and knew that I had to paint it and find it a spot immediately.  Rewind to several days before that and Cassie at Primitive and Proper had painted a piece of furniture in an awesome navy color, which triggered my memory that I had some navy in my paint stash that I had been meaning to try.
 


 


Here are the before shots (you can see that I left the top as is since it was already beautifully stained and I loved the contrast with the navy base.
 
 

 

 
 
I knew that I really wanted to do a worn and aged piece with layers of paint and distressing. So, after sanding and cleaning I brushed on leftover paint randomly all over the base of the table. I used the remaining Peacock Feather from my dresser and dining chairs and some left over Aquamarine from a desk I recently finished. When that had dried I did one solid coat of the navy (Wrought Iron by Martha Stewart).  I let the table dry again and then sanded to reveal the accent colors.
 
 



 
I'm completely in love with this piece and have added it to my dining room--the navy looks amazing with the turquoise chairs and our artwork (the marble topped dresser moved into my office, which, by the way, is actually starting to look like a real room and not a dumping ground).

 
 
Have a great week! I have five dressers that need to be custom painted so that will pretty much sums it up for me!

 





 

Linking to: 
DIY Show Off Mod Vintage Lifehttp://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/2013/02/nifty-thrifty-tuesday-no151.htmlthurCozyLittleHousebadge150xhttp://www.cozylittlehouse.com/ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia52 MantelsBeyond The Picket FencePhotobucket A Delightsome Life vif187http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/ Boogieboard Cottage”Fall  http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/