This was one of those projects that seemed to drag on forever. I totally have no idea why, it was just like I would do a step and then put it away for a couple of weeks. Has this ever happened to you?
Anyway, I had used a color, probably about a year ago called aquamarine from Behr that I absolutely loved. It is a very, very deep turquoise and I knew it would be perfect for this piece because it would compliment the gorgeous original brass hardware beautifully.
I started out by making a couple of minor repairs and then sanding and using an adhesion primer because it still felt a bit glossy. I then applied two coats of the aquamarine paint.
Instead of immediately distressing and waxing (which is what I typically do) I applied a coat of a dark walnut stain that had a poly already in it.
When that had fully dried I distressed everything using the electric sander. It still retained enough of the poly finish to have excellent protection, but it gave the piece a wonderful aged look.
I really love how this came out! And best of all it is going to a good friend of mine.
I just found a great chair the other day to accompany it (which was super challenging because it needed to be narrower than a typical dining room sized chair). Odd side story was that this elderly foreign man literally was stalking me as I tried to get away from him with the chair at the thrift store. But it was worth it. I think the chair is going to be just perfect!
Enjoy your day! I'm sure mine will involve painting and all that.
http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/2013/02/nifty-thrifty-tuesday-no151.htmlhttp://www.cozylittlehouse.com/ http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/ http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/