Thursday, June 6, 2013

Modern, Classic Desk

Sorry, for the lack of posts! Seriously, I have been a painting maniac this week; making a conscious effort to get all of my custom orders and as much of my own pieces to sell done as possible.  There is only so much I can stand of a messy house and a dining room cram-packed with furniture!
 


My husband found this piece recently at a tag sale in our neighborhood and had me go back to take a second look at it. It was completely a no-brainer! I absolutely loved the lines of it and it's classic feel.
 


I decided to ditch the original hardware that came with the piece since it was original and not at all in that good "Oh My Gosh this is amazing" way! I replaced it with this gorgeous acrylic and antiqued brass knob from D. Lawless Hardware (here). Seriously cannot beat the price and fast delivery and I think it is the perfect little bit of classic bling for this desk.
 
 
 
Since I love the two-toned look (half painted/half stained) of furniture I decided to just focus on the top of this desk. I paint it, and the drawer, with Sherwin Williams' Urbane Bronze. I have been dying to try this color and it is just perfect; a gorgeous creamy gray/brown with a hint of green. I cannot wait to use it again. It gave such a great modern touch to this piece.
 
 
 
To pump up the wood base I wiped it all down with some Howard's Restor-A Finish. Love that stuff.
 
 
 
Here's a before of what the desk looked like when I got it home.
 
 
 
I have this piece currently for sale (although wishing I could fit in in my house somewhere!)
 
 
Enjoy the rest of your day!
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Linking to: 
DIY Show Off Mod Vintage Lifehttp://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/2013/02/nifty-thrifty-tuesday-no151.htmlthurCozyLittleHousebadge150xhttp://www.cozylittlehouse.com/ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia52 MantelsBeyond The Picket FencePhotobucket A Delightsome Life vif187http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/ Boogieboard Cottage”Fall  http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/


 

11 comments:

  1. this is so pretty! i love the combo and the shape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool piece! Yay for your hubby finding it for you. Love the great color combination! ... And I really like hearing about colors/products that you use too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, Angela. Great job. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job! Like the new drawer pull!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that color!! It's on my "must try" list now! Great find by the hubs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful make-over Angela. The colour is so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful desk! Wish I had a place for it in my house, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What are you charging, and how can I purchase the desk?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh seriously? I NEVER find anything this awesome at our local tag sales. I think I need to visit YOUR neighborhood. LOL Such a beautiful piece.

    I would love for you to post this at my Linky Party Home{work} Wednesday.Home{work}
    http://www.everydayhomeblog.com/2013/06/homework-wednesday.html

    Thanks for sharing, Barb (your newest follower) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous transformation, Angela - great find by your husband! Love the knobs - will have to check out that site! I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.