Monday, July 15, 2013

Country Blue Desk & Our Sunday

Hey all. I can truly say that we had an awesome Sunday! Most of you know that my boys have autism and pretty severe anxiety so trying new things are usually not their thing. But, we had promised them a fun Sunday and I came up with the idea that I wanted to take them to the movies. I know this is no big deal, but my boys are 9 1/2 and 11 1/2 and have never been! Between behavior and sensory issues, they also have low vision and are night blind. So, of course I mention this adventure to them, and they come up with about 9,000 reasons why they cannot go, but we pressed ahead (we saw Epic at one of those less expensive theaters that shows the older movies) and they LOVED. EVERY. SECOND. OF IT. So, so proud of them and they are so proud of themselves. 
  
Thanks for letting me share!
 
Anyway, on to the home stuff. This was a desk I painted for a customer a while back. She wanted blue and lightly distressed.


This is another one of those example where I would have gone in a totally different direction color wise, but I just love what she picked!




Here it is before, not technically bad, but just very ordinary and dated.
 
 

 
I did a darker blue as a base coat and sanded and then randomly dry brushed a lighter blue on top. Love the subtle aged look this technique gives it!  I also switched out the original hardware for these cute black knobs I found at Hobby Lobby.


 
Lastly, and here are a couple of pictures from yesterday before the movie (we treated the boys to gelato). Also another first since our youngest has tons of food allergies, but seems to have outgrown the dairy one. Yeah!

And, don't you love how kids get excited about the most mundane things. Seriously, they made me bring home these little spoons so they can use them again!





Ignore the no makeup, dark circle look. It was 95 degrees and I had a horrible sore throat!



Have a great Monday!


 


 
 
 
 
 

Linking to: 
DIY Show Off Mod Vintage Lifehttp://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/2013/02/nifty-thrifty-tuesday-no151.htmlthurCozyLittleHousebadge150xhttp://www.cozylittlehouse.com/ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia52 MantelsBeyond The Picket FencePhotobucket A Delightsome Life vif187http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/ Boogieboard Cottage”Fall  http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/


 
Furniture Feature Fridays