Wednesday, September 25, 2013

[Project Notebook] Mantels

I've been working like crazy the last few days trying to finish up some projects and getting the house ready for autumn.  My most challenging spot to decorate is always my mantel. Being over 70" and off-center is difficult to work with...not enough décor and it looks sparse, too much and it is cluttered. I feel like I. Cannot. Win.
 
But, we have made some changes that I will share more of  later this week and next week. Most notably, we filled the hearth with vintage and antique books (something I have been wanting to do forever.
 
Here are some mantels that I found inspiring while I was working on mine yesterday. Which is your fav?
 


1 Source  2 Source  3 Source  4 Source
 

 
 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Angela - can't wait to see it - I saw a firebox on Pinterest filled with books...it looked amazing! Can't wait to see your version...I know it won't disappoint!!

    Cheryl @ The Creative Me and My McG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela, I like #2 the best, but #4 is pretty nice too. I like a sparse mantel and don't do a ton of decorating on it outside of Christmas. But I always admire what others do and I'm sure yours will be great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.