Sunday, January 19, 2014

Patina Green Antique Dresser

This dresser makes me super happy!
 
The gorgeous color (General Finishes Patina Green) and heavy distressing  totally suited this antique piece.
 

You know how sometimes you see something in need of an update and just immediately you know what to do? That's how I felt about this project. Want to see the before? It was completely in need of some love. I really, really have a thing against painted flowers. Ick. They were the first to go.


 
I seriously love working with this paint! It always provides a perfect, smooth coverage and it distressed exactly how I had envisioned.
 

 
 
You know when a penny has copper oxide (that green stuff) on it? And it has that perfect aged patina feel. That is how I would describe this shade of green. I almost want to say it has a bit of aqua to it, yet when I placed it next to my turquoise dining chair they were totally different.
 
 
 
I staged it in front of our planked wall in our dining room and I immediately had a little crush over it paired with our IKEA print.
 
 
 
The hardware is pretty amazing, too. They are black milk glass knobs from
D. Lawless Hardware. I love how the color is so unexpected!
 





Thank goodness this dresser sold super fast because I was mentally rearranging my home trying to figure out where I could put it. I fall in love with furniture hard and it is a complete job hazard!


 

*I was compensated for this post, however all content, thoughts and opinions are my own.