Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Storage Solutions for Older Homes

I really love that we own an older home. There is so much character and history and I'm in love with all the little details we have (like an archway and a curved front door).
 
What is not so fantastic about an older home is the lack of storage.  As it turns out, people 70+ years ago really didn't have a huge need for closet space.  As a family, we need lots of storage and I don't necessarily want to relegate everything to the basement. Do you have a similar problem, too?



 I also feel like, when you have an older home you need to be more cognizant of the changes that you make. We personally like our projects (and a lot of our furnishings/accessories) to be reminiscent to the period of our home and to blend in as if they have always had a place there.

I've recently been searching out some storage solutions for older homes (like mine) and have created this curated little group of my favorites...



Source



Source



Source



Source


Source
 
 

Source


Source
 

 
Source
 

 

Source


 

Source



 


 Source
 
 Two that are on my radar right now are built in cabinets and bookcases. I see both (hopefully) happening within the year. What do you all think? Do you have any fun storage projects planned?