Wednesday, March 26, 2014

10+ Inspiring & Eclectic Bedrooms

So, I've made it my mission this year to try and focus on those spaces in my home that I have never been satisfied with.
 

One of them is the master bedroom.  It always seems like, no matter what changes I make to that room, it just leaves me feeling, meh.  I think part of the problem is that I try, too often and too much, to work with pieces and decor that I am not in love with.  There never seems to be the perfect mix of modern and antique that I love. And there is never a dramatic focal point. I want that feeling that when I walk in this space that I am happy and accomplished and that it flows with the other rooms in our home.
 
Do you ever struggle with certain spaces?
 
To try to get over this decorating hump I collected pictures of favorite bedrooms.  I like to do this frequently so that I can find a common thread between all the spaces I love.
 


 

 





 

 
I need to channel this inspiration...mixing old with new, lots of neutrals, maybe a bit of color, painted furniture with some natural wood, eclectic art and accessories, layered textiles and some modern touches.
 
What do you all think? I shared the Painted Mirrored Hutch that I added to our room yesterday. What other elements do you see going in there?