Monday, April 7, 2014

Vintage Hide Rug & Spring Entry

I have awesome news! I think it may actually be spring here in the northeast! Finally, this weekend the last little patch of snow melted and the birds have started nest making. It's all very exciting, but I totally know it may not be for good. My birthday is in a few days and, once as a child, my parents had to postpone my birthday party because of...snow. I'm sadly not even kidding.
 
Anyway, I am going to embrace the wonderful weather both inside and outside right now. This weekend I added in a couple of spring touches to our entry and also came home with this fantastic vintage hide rug.



 
I've wanted one forever, and lest you think I am jumping on the hide bandwagon, I had a sheepskin rug in my room all though growing up, but it vanished in a move somewhere down the line.


 
 
I love how it defines the space more as an entry/sitting area.




I also moved this vintage blue chair a bit more into the entry and added in the marble topped table that I had painted months ago.






I also brought in a couple of little springy touches.




The dresser near the front door got a pale aqua ceramic tray from Target. I love how it brings our accent color into our entry. And, doesn't this dresser have the best legs? It has been perfect for us to store hats, shoes, etc. so there is no mess at the front door.




I also removed the large wood bowl and stick from the top of our IKEA cabinet and added in an old glass lantern and a flowering plant from Trader Joe's to lighten up the space.






Here's one last shot of the rug as it flows into our living room.


15 comments:

  1. Love the rug! Your entry looks so pretty Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I love the glass lantern. I have not seen one like that before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Angela! Where did you find such a beauty?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh that rug is fantastic and I love your spring touches!! It's feeling like spring here in Michigan too, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got snow on Easter. It's happened before. :/ Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is looking so pretty and I love the rug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the glass lantern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a find! i love your entry- always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. girl I love it! I've been considering a cow hide for a while and there is one at my gran's place that was actually from one of the cows on the farm, I keep thinking I need it, just have to see if any one else in the fam objects. If not I'll be all over this bandwagon! Love all your spring touches too Your place looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it lady! The spring touches are so welcoming and pretty! And that rug just rocks! Happy spring finally eh?!! And a very happy early birthday to you! Have a great week! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. That hide is a great find and looks fabulous! Everything does

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday, mine is at the end of the week and I'm also in the northeast in New Jersey. The entry is looking very inviting, love the lantern too, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the new rug! and hooray for the belated spring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Your hide rug is beautiful and looks perfect on your living room! From the looks of it, I can say that it’s well preserved. I’m curious how old it is. Rugs that are made from real materials are little challenging to maintain. When cleaning, we should be careful on choosing chemical cleaners so that it won’t get hard and stiff.

    David Floyd

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the hide rug... And that IKEA cabinet makes me swoon every time. Gorgeous!

    Visit from Jen Rizzo... Rhonda @ home.made.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.