Friday, August 1, 2014

Boho MCM Blue Dresser

*I was compensated for this post with supplies, however all content, thoughts and opinions are my own.
 
Every once in a while I finish a piece of furniture that makes me stop in my tracks and say, "I think that is insanely awesome. I think I should totally redo my house in a completely different style."
 
Yes. This is one of those times. I'm fighting the urge to completely update my home in a boho, eclectic vibe because of this fab, bold dresser.



And this is coming from a self proclaimed colorphobe. I have very, very little color in my actual home. Yet, I am kind of obsessed with this bold hue.
 



And, it pairs so well with the Jimi poster...
 

 
 
Here is the before. It was structurally excellent, just a little tired and worn. Since there were no identifiable markings I decided to just go for it and do something bold.
 

 
The color I used was this gorgeous Klein Blue from General Finishes.  It is so perfectly reminiscent of the International Klein Blue created by Yves Klein; a perfect choice for midcentury pieces!




I wanted to have the delicate legs stand out, so I just refreshed them using GF's Antique Walnut stain.



And....I listed this for sale. Sadly, it cannot live with me...