Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Spring Touches & Contributor Post

Spring is one of my very favorite times of the year (and not just because I have an April birthday)! I love how the weather gets warmer, the days get longer (seriously, the getting dark at like 4:30 in the afternoon during the winter gets old really, really fast), and the light and bright colors of the season.
 
This year, I added just a few spring touches to our home. I'm trying to keep things neutral and uncluttered since I'm really looking to sell and will be listing very soon.
 
I filled a vintage card catalogue drawer with plants...
 


 
You can see how simple I kept the mantel...
 
 
 
I was totally drawn to the yellow flowers on this succulent. I have really fantastic luck keeping cactus alive, but really struggle with succulents, so we'll see how long I can keep this one going.
 
 
 
 
Here's a view from the other side of the fireplace. I added in more aqua and blue to the room with accessories.
 

 
 
The couch got the same blue Pottery Barn leopard print pillow as last year and I added in an aqua mirror to the corner to fully brighten up the space.
 

 
 
 
 
I kept the coffee table light and simple, adding a mirrored tray with some pussy willows...
 


 

I also set out a bowl filled with the speckled eggs I made last Easter on our dining room table. I still adore them and plan to leave them out all spring. You can get the full tutorial here.

 
 
Lastly, the hutch in the entryway got a jolt of color with these pretty spring bulbs. I turned a regular terracotta pot into this rustic glam piece with just a couple of quick steps. For more pictures and a full tutorial check out (and leave me a comment!) on Jen Rizzo's blog, here.