Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Painted & Stained Square Coffee Table

Sometimes when we are out hunting for pieces I find something that looks pretty hideous, but am completely drawn to. These aren't pieces that we have been asked to find by clients or pieces that I went out in search of with a specific idea in mind.


These are just things I stumble upon and an idea hits me for them at first glance.  It's like I can completely picture the piece refinished and gorgeous. Which is an awesome thing, because typically I will ponder and contemplate and question the colors I choose.

This coffee table was one of those pieces that jumped out at me and I knew it immediately had to come back to the workshop.




It was SO hideous in its before state. Literally, it was pink. I know it looks white in this before picture, but I assure you...it was pink.



I obviously stripped the top down to bare wood and stained it one of my favorite colors, Early American by Minwax.





The base is painted in a true black. I love the combo of stained with black.

I typically do some distressing on every piece, but this one I left alone. The top has such character that I wanted it to take center stage.



Also, I felt like the legs had a more Moroccan influence and that tends to be more modern in the design world.




This piece is available for purchase in the Northern Connecticut area.








Follow my blog with Bloglovin


If you liked my Painted & Stained Square Coffee Table then you may also like...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.