Wednesday, July 13, 2016

DIY Galvanized Bucket Garden Stake Planter

This was originally shared as my June contributor post at Jennifer Rizzo Design Company.

I find that garden ornaments tend to be on the pricey side, so I created this little project to add color and interest to our landscaping with very little money.



Here's the supply list to make one on your own: wood garden stake (from the home improvement or garden store; ours in 4ft), stain or paint of your choice, small galvanized bucket, an awl (to make the holes in the bucket), a screw and screwdriver and plants and soil.

You can see some step by step pictures below...


 Start out by staining or painting the wood stake. We used a white wash stain.



Next, using the awl, put a hole in the center of the bottom of the bucket (this is where you will screw it to the stake).  Also, add in some additional holes around the perimeter for drainage.



Then, we used a small screw to attach the bucket to the stake.



Lastly, we put a little bit of soil in the bottom of the bucket and added in our plants.



I wanted something that would not only provide a great amount of color over the summer season, but would also cascade over the bucket as it grew.



 Thank you all so much for checking out my latest project!




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

If you liked my DIY Galvanized Bucket Garden Stake Planter, you might also like...
Rustic Wood & Metal Plant Stand





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.