Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Farmhouse Kitchen Reno Sneak Peek & Embracing Vintage Storage

The last few days I've been working on getting as much done (mostly paint wise) in our kitchen before we tackle the tough stuff...new island, sink, counters, backsplash, etc... and I wanted to share the progress with you all even though the lighting wasn't fantastic today.



There was no real demo in this section of the room. I removed the existing window treatments to start and we replaced them with these Bamboo Roll-Up Shades from Lowes. I love the wood tone and texture they add to the room. The fact that they were incredibly affordable was a huge bonus.


I also painted every square inch of the space (are you beginning to see a theme here?). The walls are Classic French Gray by Sherwin-Williams. I made it into chalkboard paint using some unsanded grout and seasoned it with chalk.

The trim consists of Gray Metal by Glidden and Chalk White by Ralph Lauren, and is carried throughout the house.



This took me a full TWO days to paint. There was just such a ridiculous amount of fine detail work.

On that skinny door I hung an old bike basket that I found in the garage and scrubbed clean. I love to use items that are relevant to the age of the home and this one is even more special since I found it on the property.



Behind that door was originally an ironing board. It was already gone when we got here and the rails for the shelves where installed. However, the shelves were cardboard, so I obviously tossed them. I painted the entire inside of this cabinet so it was fresh and clean and Darrell cut new shelves. I filled it with some pretty kitchen ware, but realistically it will probably hold Ramen and crackers and canned good for dinners!


I'm in the process of finishing up a really large storage wall (this room is severely lacking in storage) an hope to share it with you all later this week.



Follow my blog with Bloglovin



If you liked my Farmhouse Kitchen Reno Sneak Peek & Embracing Vintage Storage you may also like...







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.