Thursday, July 21, 2016

Reclaimed Wooden Spool Coffee Table

We recently happened upon some wooden spool tops and I thought this would be a great opportunity for us to dabble in creating some tables sell (and OK...probably one to keep for our front porch).


I love the idea of using reclaimed materials.  (These spool tops were new, but imperfect so were being discarded.)



To give them an older feel we stained them using a custom mix. I love how it gave it some age, but also gave the piece a more finished feel. And yes, that is my brass fly. He has to make an appearance every summer!



We also bought some furniture legs as we had none lying around the workshop. I painted them a mid tone gray, which I think gives the entire piece a more industrial feel.



How much do you love that you can see the stamp that the original manufacturer put on there during production?




This table is currently for sale in northern Connecticut. We also can customize them for you in both size and color.







Follow my blog with Bloglovin



If you liked my Reclaimed Wooden Spool Coffee Table you may also like...

Antique Dresser Turned Kitchen Island












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.