Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Living Room Reveal & Neutral Autumn Decor

Hi everyone!

Since 99.9% of our living room is complete, I thought I would share the almost finished space with you all.



(The one thing I have left, besides shortening the curtains is an overhead light. I purchased one and returned it and am still on the hunt for something new.)

This room, as with most in this home has been a challenge to me, primarily because of layout and size. While this room is approximately the same size as the living room of my previous home, it is more closed off and segregated and thus, feels much smaller to me.

Anyway, here are a couple of comparison pictures of the space (before pictures courtesy of the real estate listing).

Image result for 485 hazard ave enfield ct



485 Hazard Ave, Enfield, CT 06082

Image result for 485 hazard ave enfield ct




Out of all the rooms in this home, this one gets the most sun during the day, which I love.

These pumpkins were a Target Dollar Spot find from last year and I just alternated them with candles on a portion of my brass candlestick collection.




Keeping with the neutral theme in this room, I added some small white pumpkins to the secretary desk.



I also brought out this gold skeleton hand, which was an after season clearance item from last year. (By the way, that pillow is probably my favorite of all time.)





It's hard to get the scale in pictures, but this little corner near the front door is not as tight as it looks. I still miss the formal entry, but we almost exclusively use the mudroom entrance anyway.




I think one of the best things I did was to paint the cedar wall black. It provides so much interest to this room and breaks up the abundance of white. (You can read about the dresser makeover here.)




Sources:



Wall Color: Horseradish by Olympic

Cedar Wall: Mopboard Black by Benjamin Moore

Trim Color: Chalk White by Ralph Lauren


Thank you so much for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts on the space.





Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest





If you liked this post, you may also like...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.