Tuesday, October 10, 2017

White Chocolate Dipped Apples

Happy October!

If you are anything like me, you love everything fall. Although its been unseasonably warm here in New England these last several weeks, I've been bringing in touches of the season into our home.

Today, I want to share a really easy twist on a candy apple (which is a staple around here this time of year)!



Here's what you'll need:

Four large apples
One bag of white chocolate chips
Chocolate sprinkles
Sticks (I used 6" treat sticks from the craft store)
Parchment Paper





Start out by washing and thoroughly drying the apples.



Place a stick into the core of apple at the top. Make sure you 
go down deeply enough so that it can support the apple when you pick it up.




Place your white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and cook until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Mine took about two minutes to melt.

(While the chocolate is melting, line a baking sheet or cutting board with parchment paper. Also, place the chocolate sprinkles in a bowl)

When the white chocolate is melted, dip the apples in one at a time, using a spoon to coat.  Let the excess chocolate drip off for a couple of seconds.



Then, using your hands or a spoon, add the chocolate sprinkles.



Place the apples on the parchment and refrigerate until firm.



I have to say, I'm not a giant fan of sweets, particularly chocolate, but I've always had a soft spot for white chocolate and I've always love chocolate sprinkles (or jimmies as they are called where I grew up). They are a must for me every time I get a soft serve ice cream!

I also recommend picking a tart apple for this treat. The mix of sweet and sour is so good and it really balances off some of the sugar in the coating.

Here's a little sneak peak of my white, black and gold Halloween table, which I will be sharing tomorrow. I hope you'll stop back to check it out!





Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest





If you liked this post, you may also like...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.