Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Budget Friendly White, Black & Gold Halloween Table

Welcome everyone!

Yesterday, I shared a super simple white chocolate dipped apple treat and a little glimpse of my Halloween dining table. I'm back today to break down the table step by step and answer a couple of questions.



First, if you would like to check out yesterday's post and get the recipe for those yummy apples, just click here.



Secondly, I got a few message regarding my mantel that you could see in the little peak I gave in yesterday's post. Yes, I repainted it white! I will share lots of pictures and answer the why's next week.



Onto today's post!

I wanted to create something very neutral and budget friendly for my dining room this year. I can't say I put up a lot of seasonal décor this fall, but I wanted to do a little bit.

The centerpiece consists of a metal Target tray (similar) that I've had for about a year.  The large glass canister was a gift and it is filled with branches from our yard that we spray painted gold for Christmas last year. I added a few white pumpkins for an additional layer.  I also bought the crows last year at the Dollar Store and they have wire on their feet so were very easy to attach to the branches. I think they give a really spooky vibe to the room.  I also layered some Halloween cheesecloth (also from the Dollar Store) and black and white Halloween themed plates from HomeGoods.





I just want to note that if you shop selectively and with intention you can find some really great seasonal items at dollar stores.

Onto the place settings...The gold chargers I have had forever...a decade or more, and I never grow tired of them. I see them at craft stores and are a great investment for tablescapes.  The white plates are, again, Dollar Store and they usually reside on my antique shelving I have in this room. Napkins are simple and timeless white and were found at Target.



And these glass bowls with the gold decorative trim. I am so in love with them! They are vintage and I stalked them for weeks at the Goodwill not wanting to spend the money on. However, when we stopped in on Sunday they were marked down 50% and that was the push I needed to bring six home. I mean, you really cannot argue with $1.50 per bowl!



In the distance you can see a couple of Halloween decorations on the mantel and bar cart...again I will share more next week.



So, question...I love decorating for Halloween...sometimes I go all out and some years, like this one, I just add a few things here and there. I think it's because my oldest really loved when I decorated when he was little. He had a special love for skulls so I amassed quite a collection of those. But, do you decorate for the holiday, or just overall for autumn? 





Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest





If you liked this post, you may also like...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.