Wednesday, August 29, 2018

The BEST & Easy Homemade Bread and Roasted Garlic

Hi there!

I know that Number Fifty-Three has traditionally been a place to share inexpensive DIY crafts, furniture makeovers and decorating, but over the past year, I've started sharing recipes, too. I hope you all like this addition! The truth is, I love food and cooking and I love to share recipes that have been handed down to me or that I've tried and think are the best.

Today, I'm sharing the best homemade bread recipe that I discovered years ago on Pinterest.  This is something that my family asks for often and I don't mind making it because it's only a few ingredients and you don't need any special equipment.  You can find the recipe here.




While butter is the number one most popular topping for this delicious bread in our house, I also made some roasted garlic today. This is seriously so simple and delicious. If you've never made it, I urge you to! It comes out creamy and with a little hint of sweetness, but none of the harshness raw garlic has.


Roasted Garlic


  • one garlic bulb
  • salt
  • olive oil
  • foil

Preheat oven to 350 degree. Then, simply cut the top off of the garlic bulb and remove any loose, papery skin. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Wrap tightly in foil and bake for about an hour or until the garlic is soft and a golden caramel color.  Cool and then gently squeeze the garlic onto a plate and serve.









My favorite is to slice a piece while its still a bit warm, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, top with the roasted garlic and then a sprinkle of salt. And....I'm totally not supposed to eat gluten, and honestly don't crave it too much, but this is definitely a cheat! Also, you may want to double or triple this recipe...its addicting!






Both of these recipes are so delicious and inexpensive. I hope you try them! If you do, be sure to let me know what you think!




Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest








If you liked this post, you may also like...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.