Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Easy Farmstand Ratatouille

Hi everyone! I wanted to share a favorite recipe that is super easy to make and perfect for summer.









Easy Farmstand Ratatouille

  • two tablespoons olive oil
  • salt & pepper, to taste
  • one medium onion, chopped
  • two cloves of garlic, minced
  • a mix of in season vegetables (carrots, summer squash, green beans, peppers, eggplant), chopped into bite sized pieces
  • can of crushed tomatoes, 28 oz.
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1/2 cup white wine
  • fresh herbs to garnish, optional

Start by prepping all your vegetables. Then, sauté the onions and garlic in olive oil until soft. Add the crushed tomatoes, water and wine and stir to combine. Next, add in your chopped vegetables and stir. Simmer, stirring occasionally for 45 min-1 hour. Season with salt and pepper to taste.  Cool slightly and top with fresh herbs if desired.



I love to make a big batch of this to have on hand for lunches and dinners! You can serve it as a side dish with grilled meats. I don't eat a lot of meat, quite honestly, so this is typically my main course served with a side of quinoa or crusty bread and feta cheese.






Enjoy!



P.S. I always get questions asking where Figgy is if he doesn't appear in a post. For those of you that have followed Number Fifty-Three for years, you know he's always glued to me. When I was prepping this tutorial it was storming and very dark so I set up to photograph in our mudroom/three season porch. Here's a little behind the scenes...I stood on the stepstool to photograph...he slept underfoot...





Follow my blog with Bloglovin


Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest








If you liked this post, you may also like...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.