Monday, October 1, 2012

A Collected Autumn Corner

My fall decorating continues, and this past week a tackled this black shelf and dresser that's in the corner of our living room.  I know it's odd to have a dresser in the living room, but you know how it goes when you live in an old house--no storage--so this piece of furniture works perfectly for us as a place to store dvds and extra blankets. 
 
 


I brought in the crock (one of my latest thrifty finds) from the back porch and added in dried corn.  I put a rubberband around the bottom of the cobs to help them stand up and stay together. I love the pop of color it adds to this neutral vingette.  The chandelier canvas is from HomeGoods and had previously been in my entryway.




I found the cool black and white graphic tray on clearance at Target for just a couple of dollars. I brought in a lamp that had been in our classroom and wrapped an old pillar candle I've had for years in printed burlap (secured with double sided tape) that I found at Joann Fabric and tied it with ribbon.  I had the pumpkin candle holder forever, but I am guessing it is from Pier 1. I love the shiny finish of the pumpkin combined with the rusty leaves.




This black shelf is one of my favorite things and I love decorating it for all the seasons.  The size is much more managable to deal with than my gigantic mantel!  The moonshine yarrow are dried and from my garden; the vase is Pottery Barn.  The mercury glass candle holder is from West Elm.  How cute are those tiny pumpkins? I've collected them at various spots over the years.



Sillouettes, that I DIYed, of my cute guys are up all year, but go particularly well with the color scheme in this corner right now.  It's amazing how much these sillouettes actually look like my sons!




Did you notice the little hanging gourd near the lamp?  I just found it the other day at one of my favorite local stores and I couldn't pass it up!



Happy Autumn!

Angela


Linking to:
DIY Show Off UndertheTableandDreaming Mod Vintage Life My Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaHouse on the Way 52 Mantels Beyond The Picket Fence Photobucket A Delightsome Life Rooted In Thymevif187 Liz Marie Bloghttp://www.jenniferrizzo.com/ Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special A Delightsome Life Boogieboard Cottage Too Much Time On My Hands ”Fall Hubby Made MeNew Housebutton Fridays Unfolded SixSistersStuff.com PhotobucketOr so she says A Diamond in the Stuff The Thrifty Groove http://www.carterscottage.net/
The Chicken Chick