Sunday, September 30, 2012

My Dining Room Revealed!

It's been a few months in the making,  I've shared lots of snippets along the way and my plans had a way of changing but, I am so pleased because our dining room is done!
 
 
 
 

My book papered wall is holding up fantastically.  If you recall, all I did was use double sided tape to adhere pages from a thrift store college textbook. I recently found the turquoise candles at Pier 1 and it balances the bold colors  of our curtains wonderfully.  The lamp is thrifted and the shade is from Target.  The cute aqua owl was also a Target find in their garden area last spring.  The mirror is from Pier 1 and was a wedding gift and the tray holding the candles is really a shelf I got from my Mom.  All the candlesticks were thrifted and the sideboard was found on craigslist.
 
 
 
 
I have a natural bunch of pussy willows in a metal bucket I re purposed from another part of my home and the sparkly acorn hanging on the sideboard was a gift.
 


  
 
The hand painted optometrist glass was a free find on craigslist and had, I'm told, been previously used as as a store window for a local business.  The brass bench was a flea market find.




I love how the blue runner (a Target clearance item) coordinates with the other rich blue accents in the room.  The bowl and pitcher are another re purposed item and I found those adorable pumpkins on a stick at the grocery store!




We're still in love with our $6.99 thrifted painting.  The wing chair is a family heirloom, the pillow is from Garnet Hill and the curtain fabric is Premier Prints and can be found here.

 
 
 
 Our old hutch was painted in a fresh white and filled with thrifted items.





I collected plates from around our home to make this gallery wall.  The desk is another family heirloom that I gave a quick wash of black paint to.  Most of the decor on the secretary is thrift with the exception of the candle and gourds (from a local store) and the owl bowl (HomeGoods).  I redid an old thrift store bench to add in extra seating and you may notice that I changed the fabric from when I first revealed it. The new fabric is another Premier Prints found here.




Thank you so much for following along on this journey with me! To catch up on posts related to this makeover click on the following:  Hutch, Bench, Framing Silver, Secretary, Glass Decanters, Decorating the Walls, Book Papered Accent Wall, Painting and Wing Chair, Dining Room Plan.

Have a wonderful week!

Angela
Linking to:DIY Show Off UndertheTableandDreaming Mod Vintage Life My Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaHouse on the Way 52 Mantels Beyond The Picket Fence Photobucket A Delightsome Life Rooted In Thymevif187 Liz Marie Bloghttp://www.jenniferrizzo.com/ Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special A Delightsome Life Boogieboard Cottage Too Much Time On My Hands ”Fall Hubby Made MeNew Housebutton Fridays Unfolded SixSistersStuff.com PhotobucketOr so she says MakingA Diamond in the Stuff The Thrifty Groove Cottage & Vine

49 comments:

  1. Wow, your finished room looks fabulous. I too love that painting. I have never seen a portrait with such a bright background. Great job. I am glad the book page wall is holding up because it looks great, such a unique statement. All of the blue is very refreshing. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Love the blue chair! Hope you are enjoying Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant but still nice and cozy. Love the blue accents and that owl bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your room is lovely. You did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well...it all looks OUTSTANDING!!! I have featured your bench at this weeks party...please feel free to grab my starfish featured button for your blog (it's under my header).

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angela, your dining room looks beautiful! You really did an excellent job. I love the book page wall and all the family treasures & unique accessories. They all combine to make one gorgeous room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dining room table and the whole room looks fabulous! What a beautiful room!! ~ Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks fantastic! Those pumpkins on a stick are the cutest!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks amazing, you have so many beautiful thrifted items.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the mix of modern and traditional, beautiful space :)

    Hugs, Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Angela, Beautiful room! I love the plates on the wall and all the lovely details.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beautiful room. I love all the little touches. The hutch is beautiful and the pumpkins in the pitches is a festive cute touch.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the buffet! All the touches of aqua are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all the details that you put in the room! That wall looks amazing, how creative! The colors, the fabrics, and all of your finds are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The first things that caught my eye were the papered wall and the blues in the room. Love the table runner, well actually I love all of it. Now that it's done it's time for a relaxing cup of tea at the table to enjy and take it all in. I grew up with pussy willow trees (not the bushes) and miss having fresh cuttings each year.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just a spectacular transformation of your dining room, Angela! I really like the blue owl :) The fabric you chose for your curtains is so pretty as well, and I also am loving the brass bench and that neat optometrist's glass--how unique!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Excellent look. Love the dining set.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great job! That optometrist's window is amazing. Love the birdcage in the cabinet! Fun fun fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, your dining room is GORGEOUS!! I love, love that book page wall!! So much fun stuff in there too!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your dining room turned out gorgeous! Great hutch and your buffet vignette with the blue candles is awesome! Happy PRIMP Wednesday.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your dining room is lovely, Angela! So many great details pull it all together. Love that painting!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your dining room and just glared at mine after seeing your pictures. Your post is excellent inspiration to do something in there. You did a wonderful job. The accessories are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your dining room looks AMAZING!! Love that beautiful antique buffet and painted desk! Your newest follower, would love it if you followed me back:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful room, Angela! The glass sign is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The side board id gorgeous. I like your touches of turquoise and the box of candlesticks. I can never leave the brass ones brass, I have to spray paint them. The pumpkins on a stick are faux right? I was wondering when you said grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful sideboard vignette..........Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love all of the thrifted items in your dining room - especially the silver plate teasets, the white bowl and pitcher, the shelf that holds the candles . . . , I just love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your dining room is so amazing! Love the turquoise accents.. that owl is so cute. Love the mix of thrifted items with new. It really look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  29. The color scheme, fabric, and decor create a wonderful mix of modern and vintage. I remember seeing that little owl at Target and really wish I'd taken him home with me now! Lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such pretty room! I love the blue/teal details, I think they make all the difference. I came here from Inspiration Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  31. It looks beautiful! Love that glass piece!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous!! I love all the candles and candlesticks in the vintage box. Your hutch is beautiful and your vintage treasures.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a show stopper! I love your paper wall and your vintage box with the candles in it. Just beautiful. Thanx for partying at THT!:)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I've enjoyed following the journey of your room transformation Angela. It all looks so lovely and I like that most of it has been thrifted and/or repurposed.
    Thanks for linking up this week at Shabbilicious Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  35. My first time here. The painted hutch is show stopping! I think I'll go haves look around :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Simply beautiful! I absolutely love a good mix of old and new and you did an amazing job! My favorite part? All of it - every single accent, your mix of furniture, the book page wall. Great job! I'm including a link back in tomorrow's highlights. ;) Thanks for 'showing off', Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  37. looks amazing! i love the bookpage wall and the candlestick collection!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I just love this room! It has a sense of age and warmth to it without feeling stuffy. It's a room I just want to come and hang out in!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Lovely! Your dining room is marvelous - love it all put together - the blue touches, the page decoupaged wall - the gorgeous furniture and wonderful accessories all come wonderfully together! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love your dining room, A gorgeous collection full of inspiration.
    i have collection of indonesian teak furniture .Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thanks for sharing your dining room revealed on Simple & Sweet Fridays. I love everything you have done. You're amazing!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  42. I just love all of the old heirloom furniture and antiques! Lovely decorating / beautiful room!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love your dining room, Angela! It's gorgeous! And so does everyone else, you were the most viewed link at my party last week! Featuring you yet again :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Your diningroom is gorgeous and all from here or there, I like that it makes it so much more interesting and homey!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wandered over from Cottage and Vine, and I LOVE your dining room! So pretty...esp. the wall with the book pages and all the blue candles :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. You have so many nice old pieces. I love the candlesticks and how neat is that brass bench!? Thanks for joining the party!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Number 1- I might need to look into sewing a table runner. I sewed one for a friend for a wedding present a few years ago.. why didn't i make one for me? Your pics might have just stirred me to do so...
    Number 2- I really like all of the candles together. My mom has done something similar but they are several different colors but all in different candle stick holders in mantle. I might need to do like you have done and put them on my buffet.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.