Sunday, September 30, 2012

My Dining Room Revealed!

It's been a few months in the making,  I've shared lots of snippets along the way and my plans had a way of changing but, I am so pleased because our dining room is done!
 
 
 
 

My book papered wall is holding up fantastically.  If you recall, all I did was use double sided tape to adhere pages from a thrift store college textbook. I recently found the turquoise candles at Pier 1 and it balances the bold colors  of our curtains wonderfully.  The lamp is thrifted and the shade is from Target.  The cute aqua owl was also a Target find in their garden area last spring.  The mirror is from Pier 1 and was a wedding gift and the tray holding the candles is really a shelf I got from my Mom.  All the candlesticks were thrifted and the sideboard was found on craigslist.
 
 
 
 
I have a natural bunch of pussy willows in a metal bucket I re purposed from another part of my home and the sparkly acorn hanging on the sideboard was a gift.
 


  
 
The hand painted optometrist glass was a free find on craigslist and had, I'm told, been previously used as as a store window for a local business.  The brass bench was a flea market find.




I love how the blue runner (a Target clearance item) coordinates with the other rich blue accents in the room.  The bowl and pitcher are another re purposed item and I found those adorable pumpkins on a stick at the grocery store!




We're still in love with our $6.99 thrifted painting.  The wing chair is a family heirloom, the pillow is from Garnet Hill and the curtain fabric is Premier Prints and can be found here.

 
 
 
 Our old hutch was painted in a fresh white and filled with thrifted items.





I collected plates from around our home to make this gallery wall.  The desk is another family heirloom that I gave a quick wash of black paint to.  Most of the decor on the secretary is thrift with the exception of the candle and gourds (from a local store) and the owl bowl (HomeGoods).  I redid an old thrift store bench to add in extra seating and you may notice that I changed the fabric from when I first revealed it. The new fabric is another Premier Prints found here.




Thank you so much for following along on this journey with me! To catch up on posts related to this makeover click on the following:  Hutch, Bench, Framing Silver, Secretary, Glass Decanters, Decorating the Walls, Book Papered Accent Wall, Painting and Wing Chair, Dining Room Plan.

Have a wonderful week!

Angela
Linking to:DIY Show Off UndertheTableandDreaming Mod Vintage Life My Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaHouse on the Way 52 Mantels Beyond The Picket Fence Photobucket A Delightsome Life Rooted In Thymevif187 Liz Marie Bloghttp://www.jenniferrizzo.com/ Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special A Delightsome Life Boogieboard Cottage Too Much Time On My Hands ”Fall Hubby Made MeNew Housebutton Fridays Unfolded SixSistersStuff.com PhotobucketOr so she says MakingA Diamond in the Stuff The Thrifty Groove Cottage & Vine